To be eligible to apply for Australian citizenship, you must:
– have been an Australian permanent resident for at least 1 year and lived in Australia for at least 9 out of 12 months before you apply
– have been lawfully resident in Australia for at least 4 years before you apply
– have not been absent from Australia for more than 12 months in the last 4 years before you apply
– provide required evidence of your identity from your country of origin
– clear relevant character requirements.
If you are between 18 and 59 years of age, you must complete Form 1300t to apply.
You must complete Form 1290, if you are:
– 17 years old or younger, OR